With a reputation for its divisive nature, Marmite recently stepped in to officiate the home-brewed marriage of two familiar flavours, adding the first permanent fixture to the brand’s core product
The 3 C’s predict marketing effectiveness
What’s included in a report?
Below you will find an overview of our key reporting metrics. The depth of information included in your report will reflect the level of insight configured for the Test (see the table at the bottom of this page for further information).
Advertising must force its way into people’s mental headspace in order for it to have any chance of impacting them. This question measures whether the ad is likely to stand out and grab people’s attention.
- Unique / Distinctive
- Annoying / Irritating
- Nice / Pleasant
- Dull / Boring
Given the goal of advertising is to build associations and feelings over time (i.e. working toward the brand’s desired positioning), it is important to understand whether the impressions the ad conveys about the brand are in-line with objectives.
- 5 x customised statements
If an ad has a short-term sales activation focus and is attempting to convey rationally-geared information about the brand, then its success is often determined by its ability to tap into one, or preferably more of these levers.
Advertising which makes people feel something has a better chance of being noticed and remembered, and is more likely to influence decision-making and behaviour. This question identifies the type and intensity of emotions elicited by the ad.
- 20 emotions in total across positive/negative and high/low arousal continuums.
A detailed understanding of how the ad is working, providing insights which can help to optimise performance.
- Impressions: The impressions people were left with about the brand.
- Standout: The elements of the ad which are most likely to be left in people’s memories.
- Playback: Deconstructing how people processed the ad to determine whether it was understood as intended.
- Assets: The branding devices (distinctive brand assets) used in the ad which were recognised by people.
Have further questions or want to see a case study?
What metrics are included in each tier?
We offer 3 different tiers to choose from when creating a Test. Select the level of insight which matches your testing requirements.